In my previous post, I stated that, if you wish to use images in your template's background, you'll need to host them elsewhere since there's no way to upload them directly to Blogger for this purpose. Reader Paul Sutherland quickly set me straight, outlining a clever trick I'd never thought of but which — on reflection — is at obvious as the nose on your face.
As we all know, Blogger allows you to upload images for use in individual posts. Paul's hack takes advantage of this ability. Here's how it's done:
- Create a new post as usual.
- Upload an image to your new post (click the Add Image button).
- While still in post edit mode, switch to HTML view (click the Edit HTML tab).
- Find the code for your image.
- Copy the image address (it starts with http://).
- Return to the main Post screen and discard the temporary post.
- Open your template and paste the image address into the appropriate spot, as per the instructions in the previous post.
- Save your template and publish.
Thanks Paul! Great tip.