Spread the Word

Site Feed



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with ...

  • Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!
  • Subscribe in Bloglines
  • Subscribe in NewsGator Online
  • Subscribe in Rojo
  • Add Random 

Bytes (WebLens Blog) to Newsburst from CNET News.com
  • Add to Google
  • Add to My AOL
  • Subscribe in FeedLounge
  • Add to netvibes

Translate This Post

Burn a Feed

Ping the World

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Feed Changes: What Do You Think?

OK. My massive army of feed subscribers. This one's for you ...

You've probably noticed a couple of changes in my feed in the last day or two. I have switched to short excerpts instead of repeating the entire post, on the theory that:

1) you will more quickly be able to locate posts that interest you;
2) your eyeballs will last longer and you will curse me less;
3) you'll be more inclined to click through and explore the site.

I have also used FeedBurner's FeedFlare feature (cool alliteration — say that three times fast) to add quick links to tagging and social bookmarking sites. These appear both in the feed and in each blog post.

Questions:

1) Are there too many subscription/tagging links?
2) Would you find these useful?
3) Do you prefer short excerpts or full-length posts in the feeds you subscribe to?

I'd really love some feedback on this, so please take a moment and drop a comment here. Thanks.

No comments: