Spread the Word

Site Feed



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with ...

  • Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!
  • Subscribe in Bloglines
  • Subscribe in NewsGator Online
  • Subscribe in Rojo
  • Add Random 

Bytes (WebLens Blog) to Newsburst from CNET News.com
  • Add to Google
  • Add to My AOL
  • Subscribe in FeedLounge
  • Add to netvibes

Translate This Post

Burn a Feed

Ping the World

Monday, April 24, 2006

Cookie Joins the Blogosphere

You know blogging's hit the big leagues when cartoon characters embrace the trend. The latest funny pages character to jump on the bandwagon is perennial teen, Cookie — of Blondie fame — seen today blogging in comic strips everywhere. Cookie isn't the first; she follows in the footsteps of Between Friends and Doonesbury, both of which have poked light-hearted fun at blogging ethics (or lack thereof).

I'm sure these intrepid bloggers aren't the only ones. Do you know of cartoon bloggers I have missed? Drop a comment here and let me know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No...I can't really think of any other cartoon blogging characters. Blogging has hit the big times! Once in awhile, I see shows like dateline or 20/20 do a piece on blogging. It seems that everyone these days has a blog, and most people have multiple blogs. I think there must be something like a million new blogs a month.

cube said...

I haven't seen any besides the ones you have named, but I'm intrigued enough by the idea to keep an eye out for them.

I've seen many long-time bloggers call it quits recently. Is there something about April that brings on blogging blahs? I wonder. I anticipate a blog-crash in the near future. The question is what will follow? Fascinating.

Pam said...

I can understand wanting to call it quits when sunshine and garden beckon constantly from outside my office window. This is the time of year when our thoughts tend to turn to other things.

:-)

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

User Friendly, the character AJ has a blog. In fact, he wrote about the joys of earwax. Then he tried to up his traffic and became an "A List" blogger with bot traffic. It was pretty funny. I linked you to one of the comics from that storyline.

Pam said...

Thanks TLC. Would that it were that easy!